- Breed: Boxer & Beagle Mix
- Gender: Female
- DOB: 2014-08-01
- Size: Medium
- Hair: Short
- Small Child Friendly: Yes
Meet Betsy, a Beagle Boxer mix approx. 2 years old. Betsy has been a foster dog of ours since August. She has been an easy dog for us and fits well into our home of 2 children, one 9 and one 12 year old. She also gets along great with our 3 extra large dogs. She has never had an accident in our home or chewed on anything. She is crate trained and rides well in our car. My children and my niece just love her! They love to play and snuggle with her.
I walk her everyday with my dogs and she does need training on pulling. The longer we have had her, she has started to display some behaviors that we need to work on. She started to greet other dogs a bit to dominantly, never starting a fight, but just not great social behavior. She has also started to be a bit protective of our house when strangers come over. Nothing that can not be worked on, that is why H.E.L.P. has decided to get her training at Woof Beach in Batavia.
I really think that she will make someone or a family a wonderful dog. We just love her and she absolutely loves us. I wanted to post this before she goes through all the training to give someone the chance to maybe bond with her during the process of her training and if not maybe a chance to hear her story and progress.
There is more to this story that I would love to share. I am lucky enough to stay connected with most of the people that have adopted the dogs my family has fostered and would be happy to discuss Betsy with anyone interested in giving her a home of her own.
- Complete an adoption application and submit it. You will receive an onscreen confirmation we received it.
- Once your application is initially reviewed, we then contact your veterinarian and references. After that, a H.E.L.P. volunteer will contact you. Please be patient, this does take some time especially over a weekend. Please allow 24-72 hours for us to make contact with you.
- All members of the family must be present in order to adopt. We want to make sure it's a good fit for everyone!
- Because this is a life time commitment, once you meet the foster dog, there is a 24 hour waiting period for you to make sure that the fit is right for everyone. So many people see a cute face and want to take them home right away without really thinking about it. The waiting period also allows you to get supplies ready for your new one.
- We do not ship dogs within or out of the state.
- Puppies 12 months and younger are $300.
- Adult Dogs over 12 months and younger than 6 years old are $250.
- Senior Dogs over 6 years are $100.
- All dogs adopted through HELP who complete an obedience course within 4 months of adoption date will be reimbursed $50.