- Breed: Hound Mix
- Gender: Female
- DOB: 2016-02-28
- Size: Medium
- Hair: Short
- Small Child Friendly: Yes
Meet Dixie! Dixie is a 42#, 1 year old Hound mix who is as sweet as can be. Dixie loves to play with toys and the other dogs in her foster home. Dixie is also loving and friendly with children! She is extremely affectionate and loves to curl up next to you on the couch or the bed. Dixie knows some basic commands and is still learning. She would do best in a home where she isn’t left alone more than 5 hours at a time, and has a backyard with a 6 foot fence as Dixie is very active. Any family would be lucky to have this sweet girl in their home!
- Complete an adoption application and submit it. You will receive an onscreen confirmation we received it.
- Once your application is initially reviewed, we then contact your veterinarian and references. After that, a H.E.L.P. volunteer will contact you. Please be patient, this does take some time especially over a weekend. Please allow 24-72 hours for us to make contact with you.
- All members of the family must be present in order to adopt. We want to make sure it's a good fit for everyone!
- Because this is a life time commitment, once you meet the foster dog, there is a 24 hour waiting period for you to make sure that the fit is right for everyone. So many people see a cute face and want to take them home right away without really thinking about it. The waiting period also allows you to get supplies ready for your new one.
- We do not ship dogs within or out of the state.
- Puppies 12 months and younger are $300.
- Adult Dogs over 12 months and younger than 6 years old are $250.
- Senior Dogs over 6 years are $100.