- Breed: Pug/ Beagle Mix
- Gender: Male
- DOB: 2008-08-01
- Size: Medium
- Hair: Short
Mr. Puggles is an 8 year old Pug and Beagle cross. Mr. Puggles’ owner unfortunately suffered from dementia and went into assisted living. Mr. Puggles and his friend Toby remained in their owner’s house for several months all by themselves. They were taken care of by a pet sitter while people tried to find new homes for them. Toby was adopted and Mr. Puggles is being fostered by a H.E.L.P. volunteer. Because of his owner’s dementia, he was over fed for a long time before anyone realized what was happening. He has been losing weight but has about 10 more pounds to lose. Mr. P. is very low maintenance. He likes to go for walks, car rides, going to the dog park. He is friendly with dogs and people. He is not at all aggressive. Mr. P does have some separation anxiety which is understandable given his situation, but he is not destructive. Mr. Puggles is playful and loving. He would be a good companion for someone seeking a low key buddy. Mr. Puggles takes a Thyroid low dose once a day medication. Without it he may have seizures due to thyroid levels. He has had no issues at his foster due to his thyroid being off. Mr. Puggles will be an awesome companion and best buddy to one lucky person or family!
- Complete an adoption application and submit it. You will receive an onscreen confirmation we received it.
- Once your application is initially reviewed, we then contact your veterinarian and references. After that, a H.E.L.P. volunteer will contact you. Please be patient, this does take some time especially over a weekend. Please allow 24-72 hours for us to make contact with you.
- All members of the family must be present in order to adopt. We want to make sure it's a good fit for everyone!
- Because this is a life time commitment, once you meet the foster dog, there is a 24 hour waiting period for you to make sure that the fit is right for everyone. So many people see a cute face and want to take them home right away without really thinking about it. The waiting period also allows you to get supplies ready for your new one.
- We do not ship dogs within or out of the state.
- Puppies 12 months and younger are $300.
- Adult Dogs over 12 months and younger than 6 years old are $250.
- Senior Dogs over 6 years are $100.
- All dogs adopted through HELP who complete an obedience course within 4 months of adoption date will be reimbursed $50.